Monday, December 10, 2012

2 Killer Resources to find all the icons you will ever need—Absolutely free!


If you are web developer I need say no more about the use and importance of well designed icons, but even if you are not into designing and development, they add a great zinc to your own files and folders by changing their icons with the thousands of Beautifully designed icons online.

I am a control freak and I want my system according to my perferences, so I keep adding downloaded icons to make my folders and files reflect my taste. Sometimes you just get bored of thoses plain folders




 (Recommended Read: How to colorize your windows folders)

Resources to find amazing icons for your personal or professional uses:


Findicons:

Find icons is kind of a search engine for icons. You can search with filters like: color, size and category etc. The site has a base of thousands of beautiful icons. After you have been provided with your search query you could click on the icons to find more sizes for your selected icon.




You can use all of these icons for your personal use, but for any commercial use you may first wish to select 'for commercial use' in the license filter to avoid any reactions in future.

IconArchive:

 Like findicons, Icons archive provides the same service to provide you icons by simple search. Here also you can browse through thousands of beatiful icons and set the filters as well.


Hope you find the resources useful.